New, simple way to get HOV toll discounts!
GoCarma is the new and only way to get HOV toll discounts on all DFW TEXpress Lanes. See below for more information.
Carpoolers, motorcyclists and most vanpoolers who use the TEXpress Lanes are eligible for an HOV discount.
ATTENTION: HOV drivers who previously used Drive On TEXpress to pre-register for HOV discounts must switch to the GoCarma app to continue receiving HOV discounts. For everything you need to know about switching over to the new app available now, visit GoCarma.com/dfw
Please note, the GoCarma app is an independent platform developed by Carma Technologies Corporation through a contract with the North Central Texas Council of Governments.Open in new tab Visit GoCarma.com/dfw
HOV Discount Qualifications
You will qualify for an HOV toll discount as long as:
- You have at least two people in the vehicle, such as a driver and a passenger (motorcycles do not require a passenger).
- You have a valid TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG account in good standing (i.e. cannot fall into a negative balance)
- Your Tag must be properly mounted on your vehicle’s windshield—including motorcycles—for our scanners to read them.
- Your trip is during HOV weekday peak travel periods (Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) on these corridors:
- LBJ TEXpress Lanes
- NTE TEXpress Lanes
- NTE 35W TEXpress Lanes
- I-30 TEXpress Lanes
- I-35E TEXpress Lanes
- SH-114 TEXpress Lanes
- Loop 12 TEXpress Lanes
- SH 183 TEXpress Lanes
- I-635 East HOV / Express Lanes (The I-635 East HOV / Express Lanes is currently closed for construction. Click here for I-635 East project updates)
- You use the GoCarma app technology (more info below)
Activating the HOV Discount
GoCarma eliminates the weekly/daily pre-registration, the 15-minute wait for HOV activation and the 10-minute wait for HOV deactivation.
With GoCarma, you simply register once and start saving. The app uses Bluetooth to automatically verify that you’re part of a carpool. Motorcycles registered through GoCarma will always be reported with an HOV status.
How GoCarma Works
For detailed instructions on how to get setup with and use GoCarma, please visit GoCarma.com/dfw
- Get the GoCarma app – Make sure each person in your car has the GoCarma app set up on their phone. (motorcycles do not require a passenger)
- Set Up Your GoCarma Pass – GoCarma will send you a free GoCarma Pass, a small Bluetooth device for your car’s glove box.
- Use the TEXpress Lanes – During HOV Discount peak periods, GoCarma automatically verifies your HOV status.
- Get HOV Toll Discounts – An HOV toll discount appears on your toll bill statement for your peak period HOV trips.
GoCarma Customer Support
For live chat support, help with technical questions and how to get started with the new GoCarma technology (i.e. what to do if you or your passenger do not have a smartphone), please visit the GoCarma Help Center
- The GoCarma call center is available at 469-606-3920, Monday-Friday; 9am – 5pm CT.
- Additionally, you can chat with GoCarma customer support through the GoCarma app.
The Regional Transportation Council set a policy to move to more advanced technology to verify HOV status and replace manual enforcement. One smartphone in each registered vehicle is required through the GoCarma technology selected to meet the RTC’s policy.